The Embassy of the Republic of Korea welcomes Sri Lankans to participate in the “Korea week 2021”, taking place from the 3rd of November until the 10th of November 2021. It is a celebration of the unique Korean culture including K-pop, Taekwondo, Korean language, Korean cuisine, and tourism that Sri Lanka has ever seen.
From Korea’s Food experience to Korean Language Speech Contest, the 10 days will be packed full of cultural events, and exclusive opportunities to help Sri Lankans immerse themselves in Korean gastronomy, tourism, and culture. Admission to all events is free of charge!
This year, Korea Week will take place with a mixture of online and offline events. All our offline events will comply with COVID-19 health guidelines in accordance with government regulations. The online events are brought to your doorstep on virtual platforms to be enjoyed by a diverse audience, allowing you to partake in the cultural journey from the comforts of your homes through the digital immersion of the Korean culture.
Please subscribe to our Embassy social media handles to join us in this amazing cultural experience.
The line-up of Korea Week is as follows;
* Korean Speech Contest (online – open to the public)
· Date: Monday, Oct. 25th- Wednesday, Nov. 10th
· Venue: online
· Description: Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Sri Lanka and the Kandy King Sejong Institute Center are pleased to announce that Korean Speech Contest will be in the form of video submissions and winners will be awarded many valuable prizes.
* Korea Food experience, Mukbang (online – open to the public)
· Date: Monday, Nov 01st – Monday, Nov. 10th
· Venue: Korean Restaurants in Colombo
· Description: In celebration of 2021 Korea Week, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea will be hosting a Mukbang event with K-pop fans and SNS supports in Sri Lanka. With the growing popularity of Korean food, Sri Lankans can experience unique Korean dishes by famous Korean restaurants in Colombo to celebrate all that’s great about the food culture of Korea.
* Visit Korea Corner
· Date: Wednesday, Nov. 03rd
· Venue: Korea Corner, Colombo Public Library
· Description: The Korean Embassy will hand over educational material including books and videos to Korea Corner, located at the public library with the aim of enhancing Korean language education in Sri Lanka. At the Korea Corner, Korean books and videos are available free of charge. Korean language classes are also offered for those who are interested in learning the Korean language.
* Virtual Tour to Korea; Daegu & Jeollanamdo (offline – open to the public)
· Date: Friday, Nov. 05th – Monday, Nov. 08th
· Venue: Colombo City Centre
· Description: the Korean Embassy has organized a virtual tour to Korea in Daegu metropolitan city and Jeollanamdo province at the Colombo City Centre. Various exhibit zones of Korean tourism photography to introduce the charming Korean landscapes, a “hanbok photo zone” (life-sized photo cutouts of traditional Korean costumes), and a zone to design beautiful Korean handcrafts will be organized at the ground floor of the Colombo City Centre. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to experience Korea closer and win valuable prizes by designing Korean handicrafts.
* K-pop Festival Award Ceremony
· Date: Tuesday, Nov 09th
· Venue: Korean Embassy
· Description: Together with BnS and Channa Wijewardena, the winners of the 2021 K-POP World Festival will be felicitated by the Korean Embassy for their outstanding performances at the K-Pop festival.
* Learning Korean Traditional Food (King’s food) (online – open to the public)
· Date: Wednesday, Nov 10th, Wednesday, Nov. 17th, and Wednesday, Nov, 24th
· Venue: Online
· Description: Based on the food prepared in the famous TV show Dae Jang Geum (Sujatha Diyani) a prestigious Chef in Korea will be virtually demonstrating tutorials on how to prepare a Korean traditional royal feast.
* During Korea Week, to strengthen anti-COVID collaboration with Sri Lanka, the Korean Embassy will have a handover ceremony of anti-COVID medical items with the Government of Sri Lanka.
This exciting lineup of events is specially designed for you to enjoy Korea and experience the culture, cuisine, music, and tourism of Korea in Sri Lanka. So don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. We warmly invite all of you who love Korea and want to learn more about Korea to come to enjoy Korea week 2021. May you be transported to the wonderful world of Hallyu! Hope to see you there!
For more info please visit: https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/lk-en/index.do