Sri Lanka’s Cricket head coach Mickey Arthur has ordered the national squad to strictly stay from social media today (25) after disgruntled fans launched a campaign to boycott players following a string of defeats overseas Daily mirror reports.
Ahead of Sri Lanka’s three-match T20 tournament of Sri Lanka vs India starting on Sunday Arthur has said that some of the stuff listed there is beyond comprehensible.
Sri Lanka prepares for the T20 tournament against India from Sunday after losing five straight series, with the last defeat coming against England earlier this month.
Mickey Arthur’s decision to order the squad off social media came after Sri Lankan fans initiated a campaign to boycott their own players on Facebook and Twitter.
“My advice to the guys is just staying off it. You get absolutely hammered on it. There is only one way to handle it and that is not to look. “So my best advice is just to get over it because there are some idiots there who think they know exactly what’s going on, when in fact they know nothing.”
Arthur has said.