A new logo was introduced on behalf of celebrate 100 years of the Office of the Assistant High Commissioner of India.
A commemorative plaque was unveiled at the Mahaweli Reach Hotel in Kandy to mark the centenary of the Indian Assistant High Commissioner’s Office, Kandy.
This office in Kandy was established in the year 1923 as the representative agency of the Indian government for the immigrants who came to this country from India for estate-related services in Sri Lanka.
After India gained independence from British rule in 1947, this institution was converted into an Indian Visa Office. Later, in 1965, it was converted into the Indian Assistant High Commissioner’s Office.
The occasion of unveiling the commemorative logo created on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Indian Assistant High Commissioner’s Office in Kandy was conducted by the Indian High Commissioner Gopal Bagel virtually.
Indian Assistant High Commissioner in Kandy Dr. Athira S. Miss, Kandy District Member of Parliament Velu Kumar, Kandy Additional District Secretary Utpala Jayaratne, former Central Provincial Council Member Madyuga Raja, Indian Assistant High Commissioner’s Office Second Secretary R. Somaraj and others participated in this event.