Another Litro domestic gas cylinder has exploded in a house at Hokandara area at early hours of today (25).Another explosion of a domestic LP gas Cylinder in a house
The blast has taken place around 4 AM toady in the kitchen of Mr. Dayaratne Hennayake’s, a former mathematics teacher at Royal College, Colombo.
His home, a Litro gas consumer, was badly damaged by the blast.
No one was injured.
According to the sources the explosion has broken from the regulator valve of the cylindrer. Fortunately, there was no fire and the house was severely damaged by the explosion.
With arbitrarily changing the composition of butane and propane in LP gas by two peration companies in Sri Lankan since last April, there was a great deal of expert discussion in the country that the domestic gas cylinder could be a bomb.
Several incidents, including the McDonald’s restaurant and the Weligama restaurant that exploded, were reported as a series of gas accidents.
Police are conducting further investigations.