By Dinasena Rathugamage
The historical Nallur festival in Jaffna will begin on July 25 as scheduled. However, the Board of Trustees of the Nallur Kandaswamy Kovil has decided to not allow any Indian devotees to take part in this year’s festivities due to the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic.
According to the Cheif of the Board of Trustee, Kurukkal S. Jeyaseelan around 600 devotees from India take part in the festival every year.
Jeyaseelan said while around the same amount of devotees were allowed into the Kovil last year during the festival, this time it has been decided that only 50 devotees will be allowed to remain in the main hall of the Kovil during the festivities.
He said while it is expected that more devotees will take part while remaining on the Kovil grounds, they will be advised to take the necessary precautions and adhere to the health guidelines issued.