Five Covid 19 deaths were reported in Sri Lanka yesterday (10). The total deaths in Sri Lanka is now 41. The details of yesterday’s deaths are as follows :
- Male, 51, resident of an elder’s home in Rajagiriya. Admitted to the Colombo National Hospital on Nov. 7 and passed away there. Nearest cause of death Covid pneumonia.
- Male, 45, resident of Colombo 10. Was admitted to Colombo National Hospital on Oct. 23 and passed away there. Cause of death respiratory issues relating to Covid-19.
- Female, 63, resident of Udahamulla, Gampaha. Was admitted to Gampaha District Hospital on Nov. 9 and passed away there. Cause of death Covid pneumonia.
- Male, between the ages of 55 – 60. Body was submitted for postmortem on Nov.8 where it was ascertained he had contracted Covid19. Cause of death Covid19.
- Male, 41 years old. A cancer patient had died at home in Ragama and tested positive for Covid 19 in the post mortem.
Meanwhile 430 persons tested positive for Covid 19 yesterday. All are close contacts of previous patients authorities said.