The Common Workers’ Voice for Justice organization led by Chamila Thushari of the Dabindu Collective, had submitted a set of proposals to the government, Department of Labour, the Board of Investments and other relevant parties urging them to protect the workers given the recent Covid 19 outbreak.
In their letter they stress that more workers are at the risk of contracting Covid 19 as the source of it has not been discovered yet and as Brandix is a company with many branches.
In the letter the group has put forward several proposals including :
- Ensuring that the PHIs check all factories in the area to check if they are adhering to the set Covid 19 health guidelines
- Carry out PCR tests on all workers in the zone
- Give the necessary treatment to all the workers
- Pay their salaries in full without any deductions
- To quarantine the workers in the same area and not send them back to their villages
Below is the sent letter in full :